When it comes to golf carts, one of the most important and sometimes overlooked parts is the windshield. No one gives a golf cart windshield much thought until you’re exposed to the brisk, chilly air, or until something flies up like a golf ball or rock and hits it while rolling down the road.
So, when you decide to have a windshield for your golf cart be sure you are picking the right one for your purposes. Our following picks are more than just an accessory; it’s your gateway to a safer, more enjoyable ride without breaking the bank. Most of these windshields will fit most golf carts.
Types of Golf Cart Windshields
Windshields come in a wide variety of foldable and non-foldable options, impact-resistant and non-impact-resistant, and also tinted and non-tinted.
While regular windscreens are also great, if you want the best of the best, go for impact-modified windshields. For them, there are clear and tinted options available for these windshields. If the sun bothers your eyes, a tinted version would be ideal. On the other hand, if you prefer crystal-clear visibility, go for a clear windshield.
EZGO Golf Cart Windshield 1995 To 2013
This is an impact-modified windshield incredibly strong and resilient. An impact-modified windshield typically consists of 70% impact-modified resin and 30% acrylic, to create a perfect balance between strength and visual clarity.
The clear design allows for versatility, as buyers can choose to tint the bottom portion for added privacy while keeping the top clear for night-time visibility.
This is designed to fold down for flexibility. You can enjoy the wind flowing through your hair – just fold the windshield down and clip it in place. This is especially useful for rainy or cold weather or when you want to feel the wind on your face. If you want to shield yourself from the wind or rain, fold it up and secure it with the clips around your roof supports.
Now, let’s talk about the installation process. You’ll receive clips that attach to your front roof supports to hold the windshield in place. Depending on your vehicle’s make and model, you might also get nuts and bolts for the bottom or additional clips.
💡 Pro Tip: Keep the Plastic On!
🛡️ Leaving the plastic on the screen was good advice during installation to preserve clarity protection.
Orientation: Drivers Side
Item Thickness: 0.16 Inches
|Material||4mm thick shatter-free acrylic glass|
|Coating||UV protected, tinted acrylic|
|Acrylic Grade||Grade A acrylic|
|UV Protection||Protects from harmful UV rays|
|Yellowing Resistance||Grade A acrylic that doesn’t yellow over time|
|Hinges||Polyurethane hinges for convenient folding|
|Compatibility||Compatible with 1995 to 2013 EZGO TXT and MEDALIST models|
|Anti-Glare||Acrylic designed to reduce glare|
The product is exactly as described. Sturdy, clear, perfect fit on 1995 to 2013 EZGO TXT and MEDALIST models. SHATTERPROOF, UV PROTECTED, and TINTED ACRYLIC at its finest! The installation is fairly straightforward while the fitment is commendably well-matched.
All hardware is included for an easy-to-install project.
Clear Club Car Precedent Golf Cart Windshield
Clear Club Car Precedent Golf Cart Windshield manufactured by Golf Cart King, it possesses the kind of unique density, strength, and reliability common with this manufacturer. Those who know anything about this brand know that they are among the most reliable and dependable golf cart windshield manufacturers.
Golf Cart King simply goes above and beyond for their products in a way that we rarely see from others.
Just as importantly, they provide high-quality warranties, a smart inspection process that keeps their products from defects, and a myriad of other unique benefits that are hard to get from other manufacturers.
🏌️♂️ Quiz Time! 🏌️♀️ Which type of golf cart windshield offers excellent impact resistance and durability:
a) Polycarbonate b) Acrylic
Size: Flip Down
Brand: Golf Cart King
Item Weight: 13.2 Pounds
Product Dimensions: 38″L x 35″W x 2.2″H
|Model||Club Car Precedent (2004-up)|
|Type||Folding Acrylic Windshield for Golf Cart|
|Material||Top-quality acrylic, 1/4″ thick|
|Installation||Bolt-on installation, all parts included|
|Durability||Resists cracking and shattering, built tough for long-lasting use|
|Visibility||Great clarity for excellent visibility|
|Folding Mechanism||Folds up and down to accommodate varying weather conditions|
|Packaging||Individually boxed in heavy-duty packaging|
|Installation Ease||Quick and easy installation|
The product manufacturers have Taken functionality seriously with this multifunctional windshield for the Club Car Precedent. You have fold-down options for driving flexibility and the choice between clear and tinted versions.
It gives exceptional clarity – you’ll see your surroundings with zero difficulty. Although the windshield’s thickness remains slightly less than a quarter of an inch, it has a density to the acrylic design that you can rarely find from other cart alternatives.
EZGO Rxv Split Tinted Golf Cart Windshield Kit (Recommended)
This is a Polycarbonate windshield that mounts quickly and easily to any golf cart. It attaches in a few minutes! The shield is handcrafted out of the finest and clearest materials available, ensuring you many comfortable seasons to come. A polycarbonate windshield is almost a necessity on all golf carts these days. It is a perfect solution for safety and doesn’t break if it’s hit with rocks.
For Installation All hardware is included for an easy project. This windshield is hinged and can fold down to allow that open-air breeze to pass through the cabin and block the blistering winds in the Winter.
Material: Polycarbonate (PC), Acrylic
Vehicle Service Type: Golf Cart
|Compatibility||2008-current Gas and Electric E-Z-GO RXV Models|
|Material Composition||Made of 30% durable acrylic and 70% impact-modified polycarbonate|
|Weather Protection||Provides excellent shield from weather conditions|
|Sun Glare Reduction||Window tint minimizes low visibility caused by sun glare|
|Durability||70/30 acrylic and polycarbonate blend for a stronger, impact-resistant windshield|
|Breakage and Scratch Resistance||Less likely to break or scratch compared to 100% acrylic windshields|
Made in the USA and the polycarbonate material, you will be happy with your upgraded windshield that provides a clear view, reduced glare and a fold down option.
Polycarbonate vs. Acrylic Golf Cart Windshields
|Feature||Polycarbonate Windshield||Acrylic Windshield|
|Material Properties||Strong, impact-resistant||Brittle, can shatter|
|Clarity||Slightly less clear||Very clear|
|Ease of Installation||Easier||Easier|
Cleaning & Maintenance of your Windshield
Your golf cart windshield is susceptible to damage from rocks, mud, tree branches, and dust. Taking care of it is essential. Keeping your windshield clean serves various purposes. It improves visibility, enhances the appearance of your vehicle, and prolongs the windshield’s lifespan.
Depending on the type of windshield you have, it would change the type of care that you should give it. Even though polycarbonate and acrylic is tougher than glass, it can scratch more easily if not hard-coated. So, before you start cleaning, here are some tips to help you maintain its quality.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do use a few basic items: a squirt bottle with warm water, mild dish soap or baby shampoo, a clean microfiber cloth, and a chamois.
- Opt for Mild Cleaners: Select cleaning products without harsh chemicals like ammonia to preserve the windshield’s clarity and quality.
- Apply Moderately: Use a generous but not excessive amount of the cleaning solution, then wipe for a streak-free shine.
- Switch Sides: Alternate between the wet and dry sides of your cloth for an effective, streak-free clean.
- ❌ Avoid Extreme Temperatures: During winter, when it’s below 30 degrees, refrain from raising or lowering your windshield. This prevents rubber cracking and wear.
- ❌ Mind Flying Objects: Park away from areas prone to golf balls, baseballs, or other potential projectiles since most windshields lack impact resistance.
- ❌ Say No to Windex: Avoid cleaners with harsh chemicals, such as ammonia (bye, Windex!), to prevent damage to your windshield.
- ❌ Do not use wiper blades, scrapers, squeegees, brushes, pressure washers, or any abrasive materials. Avoid products with alcohol or ammonia.
⚠️ Protect Your Windshield: 🚫
When hauling your cart on a trailer, make sure to remove the windshield. Most windshields aren’t designed for high-speed travel and can crack or shatter due to the pressure.
- Start by spraying your windshield with warm, soapy water. Avoid wiping without moistening it first, especially if it’s dirty.
- Adjust the amount of water based on the level of dirt, letting it soak if needed.
- Use the microfiber cloth to gently wipe back and forth. Avoid circular motions to prevent scratches.
- Switch to a clean section of the cloth frequently to avoid trapping dirt. Rinse the cloth often.
- After removing debris, rinse the windshield with water to eliminate soap residue.
- Dry the windshield with a clean chamois, blotting gently to prevent water spots. Avoid rubbing.
- Carry a spray bottle with a water and soap mixture, a separate water bottle for rinsing, and microfiber cloths for cleaning.
Windshield Care Tips:
- Regularly clean your windshield after each ride, even if it’s not heavily soiled.
- Park in the shade to protect your windshield from direct sunlight. Ideally, store your vehicle in a garage or shed. Covering with a tarp or finding a shaded area helps.
- UV rays from the sun can damage polycarbonate windshields. Consider treatments like XR Optic hard coating for extended lifespan and protection against scratches, abrasions, and UV rays.
By following these guidelines, you can maintain a clear and durable windshield that enhances your riding experience and extends the life of your vehicle’s components.
Also, check out if you are in search of golf cart rear seats with installation guidelines.