Narendra Modi Stadium, located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, is a state-of-the-art cricket stadium that has garnered widespread attention for its unique design and modern amenities. Named after the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. The stadium was inaugurated in 2020 and has already played host to a number of high-profile cricket matches.
In this article, we will delve into the history and construction of the Narendra Modi Stadium. We’ll discuss the major events and games that have been held there, and provide information on transportation, tickets price, hotels near the stadium, and accessibility options.
We will also touch on any future plans or developments for the stadium. The purpose of this article is to provide a comprehensive overview of everything you need to know about the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad
History and Construction of the Narendra Modi Stadium
First, let’s start with some basic information about the stadium. The Narendra Modi Stadium, formerly known as the Sardar Patel Stadium, was built in 1982, with a seating capacity of 49,000. It was named after India’s first Deputy Prime Minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who played a pivotal role in the country’s independence movement.
In 2020, the stadium underwent a massive renovation and expansion project to increase its seating capacity to over 110,000. Also, modernize its facilities with a Construction cost of ₹800 crores (US$100 million). The project included the construction of a new circular stand, new corporate boxes and VIP seating areas, and a new media center.
World Biggest cricket stadium
With a seating capacity of 110,000, Narendra Modi cricket stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world by far. Surpassing the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, which has a capacity of 100,024. The Modi Stadium was built in 1982, but it underwent a massive renovation and expansion in 2019. That included the addition of new stands, state-of-the-art facilities, and improved seating arrangements.
Safety of the stadium during earthquakes
The stadium was designed by the architecture firm M/s HOK, and it features a ring-shaped roof that spans the entire stadium. This roof provides shade for spectators and helps to create a more comfortable atmosphere during hot summer days. The roof also serves as a structural support for the stadium, allowing it to withstand strong winds and earthquakes.
Narendra Modi stadium tickets price
The ticket prices for matches at the Narendra Modi Stadium vary depending on the match and the seating category. Tickets for international cricket matches are generally more expensive than domestic matches. For example, tickets for an international match might range from INR 500 to INR 12,000. While tickets for a domestic match might range from INR 250 to INR 2,500.
There are also various seating categories available at the Stadium, including platinum, gold, silver, and general admission. Tickets for the platinum category are the most expensive, followed by gold, silver, and general admission. The prices for these categories also vary depending on the match and the location of the seats within the stadium.
Tickets for matches at the Narendra Modi Stadium can be purchased through the Gujarat Cricket Association’s official website. Or through authorized ticketing partners such as BookMyShow or Paytm. It is advisable to purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment as many matches are sold out quickly.
Internation matches and records at Modi Stadium
Since its inauguration, the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad has played host to a number of high-profile cricket matches. In 2020, the stadium hosted the Indian Premier League (IPL) final, which saw the Mumbai Indians defeat the Delhi Capitals to win the championship.
The stadium is known for its rich history and has witnessed some of the most memorable moments in Indian cricket. The stadium has also hosted a number of international cricket matches, including a Test match between India and England in 2021. It has hosted numerous international cricket matches, including the 1987 and 1996 Cricket World Cups, as well as various domestic tournaments.
Narendra Modi stadium IPL records
The Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad has been a high-scoring venue in the IPL, with several records being set there over the years. Some notable IPL records at Narendra Modi Stadium include:
- The highest total in an innings: The Gujarat Lions scored 213/6 against the Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2016.
- Highest individual score: Brendon McCullum scored a blistering 100 off just 56 balls for the Gujarat Lions against the Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2016.
- Best bowling figures:
Dwayne Bravo took 5 wickets for 23 runs for the Chennai Super Kings against the Gujarat Lions in 2017.
- Most sixes in an innings: Chris Gayle hit a staggering 17 sixes in his innings of 175* for the Royal Challengers Bangalore against the Pune Warriors in 2013.
Narendra Modi stadium t20 records
The Narendra Modi Stadium has witnessed some exciting T20 cricket and has contributed to several memorable moments in the history of the game. Some notable T20 records at the Narendra Modi Stadium include:
- Most runs in a T20 match at the Narendra Modi Stadium: Rohit Sharma scored a record-breaking knock of 85 runs from just 43 balls in a T20 match against South Africa in 2019.
- Highest score by a team in a T20 match at this venue: India scored a record total of 240/3 in a T20 match against England in 2017, with Virat Kohli scoring an unbeaten century.
- Best bowling figures in a T20 match at the Ahmedabad cricket stadium: Yuzvendra Chahal took a hat-trick in a T20 match against England in 2017, finishing with figures of 4/25.
- Most wickets in a T20 series: Jasprit Bumrah took a total of 10 wickets in a T20 series against England in 2017.
You may like to read this,
Hotels near Narendra Modi stadium
If you are looking for hotels near the Narendra Modi Stadium, there are several options to choose from. Some of the popular hotels in the area include:
- Hyatt Ahmedabad: This luxury hotel is located just a few minutes drive from the Narendra Modi Stadium. The hotel offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, spa, and outdoor pool.
- The Fern Ahmedabad: Located just 1.5 kilometers from the stadium. This hotel offers a range of modern amenities, including a fitness center, spa, and restaurant.
- Hotel Sarovar Portico: This 4-star hotel is located just 2 kilometers from the cricket Stadium. The hotel offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, spa, and outdoor pool.
- Hotel Fortune Landmark: Located just 1 kilometer from the Stadium. This hotel offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, spa, and outdoor pool.
These hotels offer a range of accommodations and amenities to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you are in town for a cricket match or just looking to explore Ahmedabad. These hotels provide a convenient and comfortable base for your stay
VISIT OUR HOME PAGE
Facilities at the Stadium
- The Narendra Modi Stadium boasts a range of modern facilities. Including VIP seating areas, media boxes, state-of-the-art floodlights, a fully-retractable roof, and advanced drainage systems.
- It also has over 75 corporate boxes, in-house catering service, multiple foods, and beverage outlets, and restrooms spread across the stadium.
- The stadium also has a number of indoor training facilities, including a gym, swimming pool, and indoor practice nets.
- In addition to cricket, the Narendra Modi Stadium has also played host to a number of other sporting events, such as football and athletics. The stadium has, as well as VIP seating areas and a number of food and beverage outlets.
Future Plans for the Narendra Modi Stadium
- The Narendra Modi Stadium is set to host the final of the 2023 Cricket World Cup, making it the first stadium in India to host the event.
- In preparation for the World Cup, the stadium is undergoing further renovations, including the installation of a new lighting system and an upgrade to the seating capacity.
- The stadium is also set to host a number of other international cricket matches in the coming years. As cementing its position as a premier venue for the sport.
Address and travel guidelines
The stadium is conveniently located in the heart of Ahmedabad, making it easily accessible by various transportation options. Public transportation options include buses and taxis, and the stadium is also served by the Ahmedabad Metro. There is ample parking available at the stadium for those who prefer to drive.
Address: Stadium Rd, Motera, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380005, India